Monday, January 23, 2012

Koreans Say the Darndest Things!

Hands down, the best thing about being an ESL teacher is being privy to the weird shit that comes out of your students' mouths.  Sometimes it's because they don't understand the question, sometimes their translator is to blame, and sometimes they're just not quite sure how to say what they want.  Regardless of the reason, they will look you in the eye and say the strangest things with a straight face!  

Here are some of the better quotes from Andrew's winter English camp this year:

(Please keep in mind that all these come from 17 and 18 year-old boys!)


Juwon

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be and why? A tiger because it is nice.

What is something you’re afraid of?  A devilish man.





Taewon

What 5 adjectives describe you best?  Optical illusion.

What is something you’re afraid of?  I’m afraid of fear.



Soonhyun

Can you play a musical instrument? I can toot the flute.

What makes you special?  My smart brain makes me special.

What is your greatest strength?  Breathing exercises.

What is something that pisses you off?  Lipstick.

What is something you’re afraid of?  I am afraid of bugs.



Joy

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be and why?  I would be a white tiger because white tigers are very cool.  I am handsome.  

What is something that pisses you off?  Spelling 'gag.' 



Daniel

What is your favorite color?  White gold

What makes you special?  My fantastic sports ability.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be and why?  A cat, because I look like a cat.

If you were sentenced to death, what would you choose as your last meal?  I would choose every part of cow and coke.



Changjoo

What is your greatest strength?  My big smile. 

What is your least favorite thing about yourself?  My collarbone. 



Hokyeong

Describe your best friend:  He is so cute and he looks like a cat, but his mouth is very cheap, like a gossip girl.  And he isn’t a slob because he is diligent.  Only, in my opinion, he is so gorgeous man in the world.  Except for gossip. 

What 5 adjectives best describe you? 1-foolish  2-sexy  3-charming  4-cutey  5-face

What is your greatest strength?  Eyesight

What are your 5 favorite smells?  1-food  2-Fabreeze  3-eating water hippopotamus*  4-a sand lance*  5-females

If you were sentenced to death, what would you choose as your last meal?  My girlfriend. 

What is something that pisses you off?  Everything. 


*No clue what he was even trying to say in numbers 3 and 4!

David

What makes you special?  Money

What 5 adjectives best describe you?  Smile, Smart, Effort, Happy, Tuna



Hyunwoo

What makes you special?  My abilities.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be and why?  I would be a hedgehog because people don’t eat it.

What is the first thing you think about when you wake up?  I think about going to the toilet. 



Hyunjun

What is your greatest strength?  I protect the president. 



Inwoo

What makes you special?  Guitars make me special.



Jiho

What 5 adjectives describe you best?  Short, Fat, Angry, Dirty, Kind

What is your least favorite thing about yourself?  I will die.

If you were sentenced to death, what would you choose as your last meal?  If I was sentenced to death I would kill you. 



Donghee

Do you have a nickname?  My nickname is HDH.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be and why?  A pig because I like eating.

What is your greatest strength?  Snow sleds

When you were little, what did you want to be when your grew up?  A carrot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment